Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Chocolate

This was an early morning inspiration. The baby and husband were still sleeping and I had the house to myself. I really do enjoy these types of mornings. I am able to plow through the housework in less than an hour, clean... no edit that... SCRUB! the kitchen from top to bottom and still have time to make a morning goody.. only after of course the pot of coffee has started brewing.

This is absolutely delicious if you have a sweet tooth and like chocolate in the morning. I can definitely check both of those boxes for myself. It has a light cake center texture with a nice outer crust. I got to use my brand new bundt pan you see :-)

Ingredients -
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup packet light brown sugar (used dark today)
3 eggs (farm fresh of course!)
2 tsp vanilla
3 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg (used fresh ground)
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts (optional and I did not use)
Powdered sugar

Oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour baking tin. Beat in the following order - Butter then brown sugar then eggs than vanilla. Mix in separate bowl  dry ingredients. Alternate adding dry mix and sour cream to mixer. Bake 45-50 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.

Kurt and I both rated this 9 stars *********

1 comment:

  1. Girl this sounds yummy!! I swear I'm gaining a few pounds just looking at all this stuff :)

    ReplyDelete